Saturday, July 21, 2012

PAUL PRUDHOMME SEASONING MIX CLONE

I've thought about trying commercial dry rubs for a long time, but I have trouble spending several dollars on them since the ingredient list tells me I have those same spices at home!! So...... I've been experimenting with my own spice rack (with picky-picky husband's timid pallet in mind of course). He is (has always been) a meat and potatoes...salt and pepper...mild barbecue sauce kind of guy, so I've had to introduce these dry spice rubs "subtly" (snicker).

Today's post was a big hit. I found it during one of my "2 AM can't sleep" Internet sessions and I failed to write down it's source, I apologize. The spice combo is just right for our taste..... not too spicy, but VERY flavorful and it goes well with just about any meat, even seafood.


PAUL PRUDHOMME (style) SEASONING MIX

1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon DRY mustard powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg

Mix everything (makes about 1/4 cup) and rub, liberally, onto raw meat about an hour before grilling.