Tuesday, October 27, 2015

TOASTED SALTINE TRICK

WHICH ONE OF THESE SALTINE CRACKERS
WOULD YOU RATHER EAT?


Me too!!!!!
 
This isn't really a recipe, but it is such a quick and easy kitchen trick, that I had to share it.
 
Recently, I noticed that my saltines tasted like..........nothing!! They were pale and flavorless (even the good quality brands), when did that happen?
 
So I set out to see if I could bring my crackers back to life in the oven. I was shocked at how quick and easy (and effective) it was to do!!
 
 
Lay some crackers on a dry cookie sheet and put them under a pre-heated broiler for about 30 seconds or so, flip them over and do the same on the other side, but watch them because once they start to turn golden, they get dark fast. You don't have to toast both sides, but there is more flavor if you do.
 
There are a million uses for these toasted crackers. They are great in a salad, they are great crushed and added to meatloaf mixture, they are great for snacking with some sharp cheddar or peanut butter, but my favorite is with tomato soup!!
 
 
I hope you'll try this fun tip, but here's a warning: once you try these, you will never be happy with a non-toasted saltine again!!