Friday, July 15, 2011

SUPER QUICK BBQ SAUCE

I have an admission to make and, in a round about way, it has something to do with today's recipe. The last few years I have suffered from agoraphobia. I panic at the thought of going out in public. I used to love shopping for groceries every two or three days, now I have to force myself out of the house every 7 to 10 days (and then it ends up being a speed trip out and back). There is no reason for this (late in life) development; it is what it is, I guess; I try not to worry about it.

Because of this "disorder", I find myself running out of key recipe ingredients more than I care to. That's where today's recipe comes in.  We planned on cooking outdoors yesterday and I was out of BBQ sauce, so I  tried this recipe. It is made out of common, everyday ingredients,(a good thing for ME) and it is delicious!! I highly recommend it.




1 cup ketchup
2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar (I used dark brown)
2 tablespoons cider vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon DRY mustard powder
¼ teaspoon salt

Simmer all of the ingredients for a couple of minutes, then cool.  It couldn't be easier!!!

NOTE: Recipe calls for 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar. Hubby likes a sweeter BBQ sauce, so I used 3 tablespoons.