Sunday, January 23, 2011


I love it when you find a recipe that you know you already have all of the ingredients, even if you are snowed in, or haven't gone shopping in a while. That describes this super quick, super easy, super tasty lemon butter cookie.

¾ cup butter (room temperature)
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons corn syrup
2 teaspoons lemon extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
a little extra sugar to roll cookies in

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until it is very light and fluffy (this takes a few minutes at high speed). Beat in egg, corn syrup and extracts. Add the flour, baking soda & baking powder and mix well.

Roll dough into 1" balls then roll the balls in granulated sugar. Place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 or 3 inches a part. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 12 minutes or until they are just golden around the edges.


Ana Rita said...

Such good cookies.My kids would love these ones...



Shelby said...

I know that feeling exactly Coleen! However I guess I have to get out today because my fridge is getting really empty! Of course, I really have no excuse considering I no longer live in the middle of nowhere - except for laziness I guess. ;-)

Your lemon cookis look very yummy!

Kristen said...

It's been a while since I've done a little blog hopping - I love the new look (sorry I don't know how new it is) - love catching up on your recipes, you always have something tasty to try!

Leslie said...

Oh always make my day when I have everything in my house to make something yummy. While I don't get snowed in here in Florida..sometime I hate getting out of my pj's to go to the store !!

Peggy Clyde. said...

Another great lemon recipe. My son will love these. Thanks.

Ana Powell said...

Nothing better than home baked cookies.
Really delicious and so moreish too ♥

Avril said...

Oh i just love it when i come upon a recipe that i want to make and i have all the ingredients to make it right there in my cubbards! These cookies look great...especially with a nice HOT cup of tea I'm sure. :-)

Monica H said...

Lemon and butter- what could be better? I bet some zest would be good in there too!