Friday, September 24, 2010

THREE MINUTE MICROWAVE CORNBREAD

When I first found this little recipe that promised fresh corn bread in 3 minutes, I thought "no way". Well, I'm here to tell you "yes way"...it is excellent!!

You won't get the brown crunchy part of corn bread that a lot of people love, but, HEY!! THREE MINUTES!! The taste and texture is surprisingly good and when you weigh the benefits of serving hot corn bread in a snap, well...I will definitely be using this recipe often!!



2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup corn meal
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix everything with a whisk and pour into a greased microwave safe baking dish. I used a 6 x 6 x 2 baking dish.

Microwave on high for 3 minutes. If your microwave doesn't have a carousel, then manually rotate the dish half way through the cooking cycle.

 
NOTE: I used a 1000 watt microwave and it took exactly 3 minutes. If your microwave is different than that, you may have to adjust the cooking time.

NOTE: I used cooking spray inside of the baking dish and the cooked corn bread removed very easily.

8 comments:

Anncoo said...

ONLY 3 MINUTES?? AMAZING!!!

Nezzy said...

Woohoo, this Ozark farm chick simmered red beans and rice in the microwave last night served with cornbread I cooked in the hot oven that took way more than three minutes to cook and dang if my kitchen wasn't hot! Thanks so much for the recipe, I just my mirco to cook all the time.

God bless ya'll from the happy hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa!!!

Peggy Clyde. said...

What a wonderful recipe to help with a meal when we're in a hurry. Thanks again.

Nancy said...

You are my hero! Seriously.

A nice pot of stew in the crockpot and now I don't have to heat up my oven to make cornbread? The ultimate in speed and energy conservation. Thanks again, Coleen!

Lara said...

Sounds intriguing!

Katy ~ said...

Coleen, I MUST try this. Cornbread in 3 minutes, I'm there. I cannot begin to tell you how much appeal this has for me. I'm smiling so hard at the thought of having this that my face hurts :)

Jack and Daynalee said...

This recipe is amazing. We tried it tonight and I was so happy with the results. Definitely a keeper. I posted it on my food blog (linked back to you of course) at betterthanburgers.net

Thanks so much for a great recipe!

Anonymous said...

Found this on pinterest, used it, loved it, tried to do it again and panicked when I realized I didn't re-pin the first time! Whoever made this recipe, kudos. ...and I made it in the exact same dish as in the picture.