Saturday, January 16, 2010

FIVE STAR CHOCOLATE FUDGE GLAZE

Once you try this very simple, chocolate fudge glaze, you will be sold on it. I use it for a wide variety of things because it just takes a minute to whip up, it is delicious and provides a thick shiny glaze. I pour it on brownies while they are still hot & in the pan. You can dip cupcakes or cookies into it or pour it over a cake. It is thick, sweet, super smooth and even stays shiny after it dries (very pretty). I hope you try it. If you find some new, unique use for this glaze, please let me know. Sorry about todays poor photo quality, these photos were taken in a hurry.
½ cup light corn syrup (like Karo)
5 tablespoons water
5 tablespoons butter

Bring these three ingredients to a full boil, and boil for 20 seconds. Remove from heat and add: 12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Stir until melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature before you use it.

NOTE: I have not tried it, but I do not see any reason that you could not use ANY flavor baking chips for this recipe...I believe white chocolate would be very pretty.
NOTE: This glaze does not dry to the touch until the next day, so I wouldn't use this on anything that you have to pack for shipping.

19 comments:

Peggy Clyde. said...

Wow. This looks like a great recipe to have. Thanks again.

Carrie said...

Coleen, looks great!! I am making donuts tomorrow morning and need a chocolate icing for the donuts. Would this work? I have no idea what kind of icing the supermarket puts on their "long john donuts" but I would love to make the same kind of icing!!

Coleen's Recipes said...

Carrie: this glaze would work great.

Katy ~ said...

I've been looking for a great chocolate glaze for a while, say to put on eclairs or profiteroles for example. I'm going to add this recipe to my stash.

Donna-FFW said...

What a perfect recipe to have in one's arsenal for so many different things. I love the shiny look!

Heidi said...

This looks like a wonderful fudgy glaze! I can't to make it!!! Thanks Coleen :)

Megan said...

Ooh Coleen, this is a pretty glaze, and so easy. I must give it a try. I think I would like it in dark chocolate but I like everything in dark chocolate. :)
Hey you asked about my dough buckets. I bought those at a restraunt supply store called Cash and Carry. I know you can also get them on Amazon. They are Cambo buckets and they come in a variety of sizes. They come in round or square. I like the square because it takes up less room in the fridge!
Hop you have a great weekend!

betty r said...

This glaze looks delicious and would be great on donuts!

Mary said...

What a wonderful recipe to have in the recipe file.

Carrie said...

I tried this glaze on my donuts and it was delicious!! .....would have been better if my hubby didn't over fry the biscuits though, they were practically black :-(
Thank you!!
Carrie

Ingrid said...

Thanks, Coleen! I'm going to print it out and save for when I have to chocolate glaze something.
~ingrid

Foodie with Little Thyme! said...

HELLO! This looks GREAT! I'm making cupcake in the morning! I can't wait!

Barbara Bakes said...

Looks perfectly delicious! I almost licked the screen!

Laura said...

MMMM I'm always looking for chocolate goodness! Coleen this looks so great. Quick and easy.

HoneyB said...

I love the chocolate...but I'm betting Grumpy would want the white chocolate! Yum!

Trish said...

Are you serious? All this time there was something that was this simple?!!!! Grin. Love it, thanks for sharing Coleen! You are amazing!

Monica H said...

I don't think I've ever made anything that needed a chocolate glaze but I might have to change that. I love how shiny it is. pretty.

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing thank you, what else can you put this on coleen?

Cordelia'sMom said...

Just wanted to share that I made this with dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet and it turned out perfectly! I poured it warm over a chocolate zucchini bundt cake and when it cooled I spread it over a regular round cake. It makes plenty!