Friday, October 2, 2009

CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE PIE

A graham cracker and chopped peanut crust, covered with a rich chocolate ganache layer, then topped with a layer of sweet, creamy, peanut butter mousse. Does it get any better than that? This no-bake pie is easy to make and totally satisfying!!


1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup honey-roasted peanuts finely chopped
6 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
1½ cups whipping cream (divided)
(1) 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
(2) 3 ounce cream cheese (room temperature)
¾ cup creamy peanut butter

Mix graham cracker crumbs, chopped peanuts and melted butter. Spread on the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9" pie plate (set aside).


Microwave one half cup of whipping cream for 2 minutes (on high). Stir in one half cup of sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate chips. Stir until very smooth. Pour evenly over graham cracker crust bottom and chill for an hour (I put mine in the freezer for 20 minutes).

In a medium size bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. Beat in the remaining sweetened condensed milk and the peanut butter. Whip until this mixture is very smooth (it will be thick). In a large bowl, whip the remaining one cup of whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the cream cheese-peanut butter mixture (by hand). Keep folding gently until everything is well blended together. Spoon over the chilled chocolate layer. Chill for about 4 hours or overnight.

 NOTE: This would be very good with a chocolate graham cracker crust as well.
NOTE: This would be a great dessert for the holidays. I picture it in small, individual dessert dishes.

22 comments:

HoneyB said...

I love pie like this but you know what? I have never made it! Looks yummy!

Peggy Clyde. said...

Oh, I can tell I'll have to make this for my son who loves peanut butter and desserts. Thanks, again.

Anncoo said...

This looks yummy, wish that I can try some.

Debbie said...

That is a great looking pie and no bake to boot!!! I'm saving this one to try in the future....

Barbara said...

That looks great! Love no baking.

Wandering Coyote said...

Oh my dear lord....Another recipe I MUST bookmark! You're killing me!

Lara said...

Ay, yi, yi....this looks out of this world! Yum, yum!

Judy said...

Delicious looking pie. Can't go wrong with chocolate and PB.

Katie said...

HOLY DECADENCE that looks amazing!

Shelly W said...

Looks sinful and delicious...my kind of dessert :)

teresa said...

i want to dive in headfirst!

Donna-FFW said...

Nope, does not get much better than this, I love choc/pb combination and this sounds heavenly to me.

Ingrid said...

Absolutely! It does NOT get much better! This is a perfect FL dessert.....no turning on the oven! YES!
~ingrid

Monica H said...

That mousse looks so incredibly fluffy!

Katy ~ said...

I have never made any kind of peanut butter pie. This looks soooo good. Love that it's no bake. (But you know me and my dismal success with no-bakes LOL!!!)

reanaclaire said...

hi Coleen... superb recipe u have here.. thanks for sharing.. i love to eat... hope to try that one day..


www.letswallop. blogspot.com

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

How decadent! My kids would love this.

Leslie said...

Evil, pure evil I tell you

Snooky doodle said...

oh this pie is to die for! looks so so good! glad I visited your blog :) Many nice and yummy food!

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness, I need to make this for my husband! Great picture! Yum-O

Marge said...

I love the chocolate on the bottom! This looks great!

Carrie said...

We made this pie Coleen! http://cookingwithcarrie.blogspot.com/2009/12/chocolate-peanut-butter-mousse-pie.html It was delicious!!