Saturday, July 21, 2012


I've thought about trying commercial dry rubs for a long time, but I have trouble spending several dollars on them since the ingredient list tells me I have those same spices at home!! So...... I've been experimenting with my own spice rack (with picky-picky husband's timid pallet in mind of course). He is (has always been) a meat and potatoes...salt and pepper...mild barbecue sauce kind of guy, so I've had to introduce these dry spice rubs "subtly" (snicker).

Today's post was a big hit. I found it during one of my "2 AM can't sleep" Internet sessions and I failed to write down it's source, I apologize. The spice combo is just right for our taste..... not too spicy, but VERY flavorful and it goes well with just about any meat, even seafood.


1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon DRY mustard powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg

Mix everything (makes about 1/4 cup) and rub, liberally, onto raw meat about an hour before grilling.

No comments: