Friday, March 19, 2010


The great cooks over at Mennonite Girls Can Cook posted this recipe a few days ago. Their original recipe was for a 9" x 13" pan (I made a pie). It was a little soft for a pie, so next time I'm definitely making the 9"x13", but man-o-man is it delicious!!! It is super simple to throw together and it keeps beautifully in the fridge for 3 or 4 days. If you have a potluck, family gathering, or company coming this weekend, I hope you give this recipe a try; it will be a big hit with everyone from the little guys to Grandpa!! CRUST
2½ cups graham cracker crumbs (see note)
½ cup melted butter
(I added ¼ cup of white sugar)
Mix and press into a 9" x 13" baking dish and bake at 350F for 12 minutes then cool.
1 box vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
Cook per box directions and spread over cooled crust
NOTE: I used a 3.4 ounce of instant pudding
1 large can of crushed pineapple drained well
2 cups whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons white sugar
Whip the cream, vanilla and sugar together until you get stiff peaks. Fold in the pineapple (I squeezed it dry with my hands) then spread the pineapple-cream over the pudding layer. Chill in the fridge for several hours before serving.
NOTE: The original recipe on the MGCC site, said to reserve ¼ cup of the graham cracker crumbs to sprinkle over the top of the pineapple cream layer (for decoration).


Debbie said...

I also saw this on their website and thought it looked good. We have so many potlucks where I work that I would definitely like to bring this one time...

Anncoo said...

Hi Coleen, I would like to try this beautiful pie or square! Looks so yummy!

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

Hi Coleen, this look so mouthwatering! Have a nice weekend ahead.

Ingrid said...

Very nice....I'm gonna have to check out that other blog. I see wuite a few of their recipes on other blogs.

Happy Friday!

Peggy Clyde. said...

I must have missed this recipe on their blog. Thanks for sharing it.

the domestic mama said...

shouts out springtime to me!

betty r said...

Thanks Coleen for the compliments on our blog..I agree this is a delicious dessert and definetly a great one for potlucks. Your pie looks very pretty.

Laura said...

Yeah you know I saw this on their site, it looks so great! I made your twix bars and man oh man they were a HIT!!

Trish said...

Gosh I missed that one on the MGCC site too. Looks lovely and oh sigh, this morning I am finding way too many ideas for a potluck I am attending this week..grin...I may have to make several items to take along.

teresa said...

pineapple is such a great ingredient to bake with. this looks delicious!

glad to see it's sunny in ak!

Katy ~ said...

I follow their blog, saw this and loved it. I wish there were more than 2 of us as this looks soooo good. I love pineapple. I am certain I would love this pie! It looks beautiful and delicious!

Julie said...

This looks beautiful and just delicious! Very nice :)

Monica H said...

Anything with pineapple cream has to be good!