Monday, October 19, 2009

CROCKPOT MAPLE PORK TENDERLOIN

This recipe gets five stars for two reasons...it is totally delicious AND super simple. As a matter of fact, it is one of the best crockpot recipes that I've tried in a long time. You can not get much simpler than this: brown the pork loin, cover it with sauce and 8 hours later (my crockpot only took 6 hours) and you have fork-tender, delicious pork loin and a gravy that is amazing.


 2½ pound boneless pork loin
1 cup real maple syrup (DON'T USE PANCAKE SYRUP)
4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2½ tablespoons cider vinegar
2½ tablespoons soy sauce
salt and pepper

I bought my pork loin, vacuum packed from Walmart (2½ pounds seems to be a standard size). When you open the package, there will be two long loin pieces. I cut each one into three pieces, then salted and peppered them and browned them in a little olive oil. Place the browned pieces in a wide crockpot for even cooking (as opposed to the tall ones).

In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup (do not use pancake syrup, it is way too sweet and will ruin your pork, trust me), Dijon mustard, cider vinegar and soy sauce together. Pour over browned pork loin pieces. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (my crockpot took only six hours). If you use a different cut of pork, you may have to use the full 8 hours. It isn't absolutely necessary, but try and turn the meat over a couple of times during the cooking process. When it is time to eat, thicken the gravy. I served this with rice and coleslaw. It also made delicious sandwiches the next day.

NOTE: If you are concerned about the maple flavor being overpowering...don't be. As a matter of fact, it is almost a background flavor, but it IS there and the meat was extremely tender and slightly sweet. This is a fantastic recipe for any special occasion.

30 comments:

Laura said...

I love a good crockpot recipe! This looks great Coleen!

pigpigscorner said...

wow, I love simple and delicious recipe, this sounds perfect!

Heidi said...

Looks great Coleen!

Anncoo said...

Hi Coleen,

Thank you so much for this Neno Award. Thank you for considering me for this Award. :)

Barbara Bakes said...

The pork looks like a must try! I loved reading your reasons for blogging! You were quick!

Andora said...

This looks so good,and easy...I must try this...thanks Coleen for thr great recipes....

Peggy Clyde. said...

Thank you so much for the award. Now I have to figure out how to send it on. I have been so impressed with the world of food bloggers and the many good cooks out there. Your blog is the first one I check every morning. Thanks again.

Debbie said...

Congrats on your award Coleen, you deserve it. Your blog is terrific and you go the extra mile to explain exactly how you have cooked things. Your pork looks delicious, and I love maple syrup...can't stand pancake syrup! Sounds like a great recipe for this time of year. A keeper!!!

Ingrid said...

Oh my goodness...I just bought a pork tenderloin (on sale, YAY!!!!) and can't wait to give this a try. I was just surfing for recipes so your post was perfect timing. THX!

When you suggest adding pineapple do you mean as a side or actually in the sauce?
~ingrid

Ingrid said...

Oops, congrats on your award and to the bloggers you passed it along too!
~ingrid

teresa said...

congrats on the award! the pork looks amazing, i'm going to try it soon!

Leslie said...

Congrats on your well deserved award!
This does look like an amazing pork dinner.

Anja said...

The recipe for the tenderloin pork sounds great. I'm really interessted in the combination with maple syrup. The pictures look delicious. I'll give it a try. I'm really happy that the "braising season" starts again.

The Blonde Duck said...

That looks like a stupendous recipe!

Mary said...

Congratulations on your award. I love the simplicity of your recipe. It really sounds delicious.

Donna-FFW said...

Just ordered some grade B maple off the internet.. I make a similar stove top version of this(on da blog), but now I can not wait to try your version in the crock pot.. you should submit to crockpot wednesdays blog event:)

HoneyB said...

Sounds great and I think I will definitely try this one. I love using pure maple syrup in pork recipes!

I haven't bought pork loins in a long time but I do have a small pork roast in the freezer. What do you think? Will that work as well?

Cinnamon-Girl Reeni♥ said...

This sounds so tender and flavor and delicious! I really like using maple syrup with meat and poultry.

Monica H said...

I just happen to have a pork tenderloin in the freezer. I might have to borrow my mom's crockpot though because mine is on the small side.

congrats on your award!

Gina said...

This sounds delicious! Thank you for posting!

Katy ~ said...

Coleen, this looks YUM YUM YUM!! Saving for sure as this kind of recipe is definitely one that is attuned to our tastes.

Congratulations on your award! You are a terrific friend to many, sharing your time, talents, and delicious food. Thank you so much for all that you do here. You make a difference!

girlichef said...

My crockpot is now officially in business for the season...this one sounds so great for fall! Congrats on your award :)

Nat said...

So Divine ! Wish I had a crock-pot Coleen...I would've loved to give this a shot, suppose I could try a slow simmer in a casserole cast iron pot for a similar effect ?

charlotte mgcc said...

Coleen, thank you for the award.
Coming from a great cook, like your self, it is truly an honor!

heartnsoulcooking said...

Congrats on the AWARD!!!
This recipe sounds just wonderful. What a delicious addition with the maple. Geri

Shelly W said...

Congrats on your award! You can't much easier or yummier than your tenderloin. Looks delish!

Cristine said...

Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite meats. Can't wait to try this recipe!

Catootes said...

Found this recipe through google search. Looks delicious. Will be trying this week.
Thanks!

Ingrid said...

My honey made this once already and I'm making it today for our V-day dinner with the kids! Yum, yum! Thanks for sharing!
~ingrid

Katy ~ said...

Coleen, I think this will be on our table tomorrow. You hit all the high notes with me on this keeper!