Friday, August 7, 2009

THE ULTIMATE (FILLED) PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE

These (crispy on the outside - creamy on the inside) cookies are a hit every time I make them. They are quick to make and delicious to eat, with a sweet peanut butter cookie exterior and a Reese's cup interior...need I say more? These cookies are also a great bake sale item.



1 BAG OF MINIATURE REESE CUPS FROZEN

1 & 1/4 CUPS ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
3/4 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
1/4 TEASPOON SALT
1/2 CUP BUTTER FLAVORED CRISCO (don't substitute)
1/2 CUP PEANUT BUTTER
1/2 CUP WHITE SUGAR
1/2 CUP BROWN SUGAR
1 EGG
1 TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT


In a large mixing bowl, cream together the Crisco, peanut butter, sugars, egg and vanilla until it is smooth and creamy. Next add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Roll this dough into 1" balls and place them in an UNgreased mini-muffin pan:

Bake them at 375 for 10 minutes and they will look like this:


Immediately press a FROZEN miniature Reese's cups into the center of each cookie (pressing down until the top of the candy is at the same level as the top of the cookie).


Let these cool IN THE PAN for about 2 minutes before you try to remove them. To remove the cookies, insert just the tip of a thin knife between the cookie and the pan (the knife will help you lift the cookie out). The chocolate will melt from the heat of the cookie, so it will be messy until the chocolate re-sets. You can speed set them in the fridge.

BE CAREFUL, THEY ARE ADDICTING!!




22 comments:

Denise said...

We make these often in our house. Your pictures look great.

Palidor said...

No kidding that they're addicting! Great idea to come Reese cups with peanut butter cookies.

Lara said...

It's only 8:30 in the morning and already the kids are begging me to make these soon after catching a glimpse of that picture. I like your idea for making it for a bake sale too. I'm always looking for fun, different items for the bake sale at the kids' school.

Barbara Bakes said...

I really need to get a mini muffin pan! These look addicting too!

icook said...

Ooh, thanks for sharing this great recipe. Love the pictures- they help so much!!!!

Debbie said...

These look just great Coleen. My kind of cookie...

Katherine Aucoin said...

I would get in so much trouble eating these...they do look irresistable!

Cheryl said...

YUM, Peanut Butter on Peanut Butter!

Wandering Coyote said...

Wow, wow, wow!

Monica H said...

They look like a reverse PB cup! my brother would love these!

Finsmom said...

What a clever idea - they look so fancy!

The Cooking Photographer said...

Colleen these are so neat! I'm going to make these for my husband's work next week. Thank-you!

Laura

Judy said...

Coleen, I've seen this recipe before, but never in the form you make them. How clever to put them in a mini muffin pan.

Katy ~ said...

Coleen, Coleen, I think I've gained 5 pounds just looking at your delicious photos. This is one of Ole Sweetie-Pi's flavor combos, peanut butter and chocolate so he would be positively mad for these. Guess I'll have to make these for him (us!!).

Carrie said...

I've seen these cookies before but I never knew how to make them! They look so impressive!

Marge said...

Oh my....I really, really wish you had not posted this recipe. It really has to be the ultimate cookie!

girlichef said...

These are awesome!!!!

Ingrid said...

I've actually made this and you're right they are addicting. I do have to admit to taking the lazy man's way and using store bought PB cookie dough. (I see you cringing) I will though give your recipe a try the next time I make these.


Btw, I blogged about your blueberry sour cream cake. I hope you think I did you and your cake justice. Thanks again for sharing your recipe.
~ingrid

Krista said...

I also need to get a mini muffin pan! I've never made these. They look delicious. I'm sure they'd be a big hit around here. Who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter.

Megan said...

Cookie and candy in one!, I can see these be addictive! ;)

Susan @ SGCC said...

Be still my heart! Those cookies look fabulous! I think I would be addicted in about two seconds!

A Full-Timed Housefly said...

WOW... these are really addicting . my kids would love these so much ... simply wonderful !