Tuesday, August 11, 2009

NO BAKE LEMON CHEESECAKE WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE

A light and sweet ending to a summer barbecue. This no bake "cheese cake" recipe can be whipped up in a hurry. You can double the recipe and put it into a large sheet pan (for a big crowd). My husband likes to eat this frozen.


CRUST
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup white sugar
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
Mix crust ingredients and press onto the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 325 for about 8 minutes. Cool before filling.

FILLING
Large size Cool Whip
1 small box of lemon jello
1 cup of boiling water
1 cup white sugar
8 ounce cream cheese (room temperature)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract

Dissolve the lemon jello in the boiling water and let it cool to room temperature (don't let it set up).

Beat the cream cheese, white sugar and both extracts together until creamy and smooth. Beat the cooled jello and the cream cheese mixture into the Cool Whip until it is very well mixed. Pour onto the cooled crust and chill at least 2 hours.

BLUEBERRY SAUCE
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix the sugar and cornstarch in a medium size sauce pan and gradually add the water (whisking to mix). Stir in blueberries and bring to a simmer. Simmer until it thickens then simmer one minute longer. Stir in the vanilla. Serve warm or cold.

19 comments:

Faiza Ali said...

Oh dear....it looks so yummy and tempting.

Lara said...

That looks like just what I need on a hot, humid day like today! :)

Katy ~ said...

Have mercy! This looks out of this world delish!

Heidi said...

I love blueberries and no bake cheese cakes! This looks wonderful coleen. I can't wait to try it out :)

Kristen said...

So Yummy and so easy :o) I love the lemon/blueberry combo too!

Krista said...

My mom makes a recipe very similar to this and it's one of my favorites! Yours looks so good. Now, I'm starting to think I need to make one for when my parents visit tomorrow. I need to have company coming to make something like this...otherwise I eat it all by myself. : )

Jeff said...

No bake is a dang good thing when it is 90 degrees outside and an oven can raise the internal temp of my house drastically. Last week canning and making focaccia bread my kitchen was close to 100 degrees. eek!!!

Debbie said...

It's been quite warm here lately so no bake sounds good! Love blueberries....

Barbara Bakes said...

You eat good at your house! This sounds great frozen too!

Food addict said...

That looks so yummy!!I love anything cheesecake~thanks for sharing!!

betty r said...

Lemon and blueberries..this is delicious..perfectly wonderful!!

Wandering Coyote said...

I love no-bake cheesecakes. I'm definitely bookmarking this recipe!

Katherine Aucoin said...

Now this is pure heaven!

Ingrid said...

I think he's on to something eating it frozen. I bet its so refreshing!
~ingrid

Finsmom said...

Ive been looking for a good cheesecake recipe - this sounds great!!! Love the lemon!

I have some awards for you over at my blog :)

girlichef said...

Oh yes, this sounds so summery and delicious...and no bake...I like it!

Monica H said...

Oooh, this would be quite the treat frozen. Just put a stick in it and you have a fork free dessert!

Charlotte said...

I love cheesecake, and then with a blueberry sauce, yum. You are speaking to my heart girl, or is that my tummy.
Thankyou for posting my maple twist, it really is a favorite in our home and the recipe is always asked for. I am glad that you enjoyed it.
I really enjoy your blog, lots of tasty gems cooking here...delish!

Cristine said...

OH my yum!!! That cheesecake looks fantastic!