Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pay Day Candy Bar (sort of)

If you like Pay Day candy bars, you will love this recipe. It tastes very similar, but SO much fresher and better. This recipe makes a 9 x 13 pan of candy, which would be an excellent addition to your children's birthday party menu! They take just a few minutes to put together and then an hour or so in the fridge, to "set".


 4 cups honey roasted peanuts
(1) 10½ ounce bag miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup butter (melted)
(1) 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
(1) 10 ounce bag peanut butter chips
1/2 cup peanut butter

Line a 9 x 13 dish with foil and spray it with cooking spray (I spray my foil with cooking spray then blot it with a paper towel so it doesn't make the candy greasy). Set aside.

In a large (heavy bottomed) saucepan, mix the marshmallows and melted butter. Heat over medium-low heat until completely melted (you do not want the marshmallows to boil, but you want to see a little bubble now and then). Keep it at this temperature for about a minute.

Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter chips and peanut butter. Stir until everything is melted and smooth.

Pour this mixture over the peanuts in the pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the other half of the peanuts over the hot mixture and press the nuts into the surface of the hot mixture (with your hand). Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until firm. Cut into pieces and serve. Store covered in fridge. Makes 60 pieces of candy.

22 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Sinfully delicious sounding Coleen, honey roasted peanuts are one of my favorite snacks. Id probably devour these myself!

Debbie said...

Please pass a tray of these down my way! Great job Coleen - they look wonderful!

Leslie said...

NICE..It like peanut butter fudge on steroids

Cristine said...

I LOVE Paydays!!! Bookmarking this one...

Bunny said...

My hubby and kids will love this, our son is always asking me to make peanut butter fudge, I think this is BETTER!! I'm with Cristine, BOOKMARKING!!

Katy ~ said...

Sweet decadence!

Kim said...

Wow! You've had so many good treats lately. How can you go wrong with sweetened condensed milk? I LOVE that stuff. Looks like the perfect treat for my daughter!! Thanks for sharing.

Netts Nook said...

Pay days are my favorite bookmark this one way to go Coleen.

girlichef said...

Another winner! I think you may have the most appearances in my bookmark tab...I need to start actually making some of the recipes!! YUM :)

♥Rosie♥ said...

I have never tasted Pay Day candy bars, but viewing your tasty treats I just know I would love them.

Heidi said...

Pay Days are one of my favorites. I can't wait to try these babies out!

teresa said...

Oh my goodness, I can practically taste these already!

A Feast for the Eyes said...

Wow! I love payday bars and we all love peanut butter. Thanks for such a beautifully photographed dessert-- one that goes into my "to try" queue.

Tracy B at FeedSack Cooking said...

These looks so good. I love peanut butter. could you add m-m's to the top.

Kristen said...

Oh yeah, my kids would love that! (I hate to ask about a PayDay bar, I'll have to find one when I'm in Maine next)

Monica H said...

PayDay's are one one of my favorites. Very clever!

Kathy said...

Yumm!!! If you like payday - have you ever tried peanuts and candy corn together? Tastes like a payday!!! Yummm... Makes a cute gift/snack idea for someone and say "you deserve another payday"!!! Too cute!!!

Fabjena(TheBestRecipes) said...

So nice blog with so amazing recipes! And this one's looking totally great! :))

Elyse said...

Yep, this confirms it: sweetened condensed milk makes everything delicious! This candy looks fabulous. I'm a huge fan of anything peanutty or peanut buttery. Delicious!

Shelly said...

Oh gawd I could make myself sick on these! But, I'm gonna make them anyway :)

Ingrid said...

I know exactly would love this one and father's day is right around the corner, too! Thanks for sharing.
~ingrid

Erin said...

I made these for a girls' get together last night, and they were the hit of the party. To die for! Thanks!